10 interesting facts about Instagram!
Instagram is a free mobile app that allows you to take photos, add some interesting filters and share that photo with other users. Over the past few years, Instagram has become one of the most dominant social network. According to some studies, 23% of American teenagers to the question “What’s your favorite social network?” corresponds to “Instagram”.
Here are 10 interesting facts about Instagram:
1. Instagram was officially launched on April 6, 2010, as an iPhone app. Within a month, it had a million users.
2. Filter that earns most likes and comments is Mayfair.
3. In April, 2012, Facebook has bought Instagram for about $ 1 billion. At the time of sale, Instagram counted only 13 employees.
4. 68% of Instagram users are women.
5. Android version of Instagram app was launched on April 3, 2013. Within 12h, it was downloaded is a million times.
6. In June 2013, Instagram introduced the option of uploading short videos. In just 24 hours was uploaded over 5 million videos.
7. Currently the most popular brands on Instagram are: National Geographic, Nike and 9GAG.
8. The most popular hashtags are #love and #selfie.
9. Instagram has more active users via mobile phones than Twitter.
10. 90% of Instagram users are younger than 35 years.