How Web design has evolved from 2004 to 2014
WEB REVIEW – The site TemplateMonster , specializes in publishing websites, offers on its website an interactive infographic on the evolution of Web design 2004 to 2014. Trends, innovations … the catalog back on a decade of innovation which are shaken apart. Trends are classified by year. Prominent among them, we hold:
- 2004: sites designed entirely in flash – which preceded HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery;
- 2007: the brightest, “glossy”, used by several companies including Apple;
- 2007: the themes in a grid – “grid format” – which goes hand in hand with the emergence of the concept of user interface;
- 2009: the arrival of scrolling page or one page layout , which now make references for many companies wishing to market their products;
- 2010: fixed navigation bars;
- 2011: large format photographs serving as background;
- 2012: The responsive design to adapt the sites to the rise of mobile traffic;
- 2013: the flat design , and heads of fixed layouts ( fixed header ).
- 2014: Full-width pages, code free designs, non-standard navigation, blocking…
To discover on the dedicated website: Web Design Trends 2004-2014 of TemplateMonster.