Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: 10 amazing facts you probably didn’t know about the movie
You probably watched this movie at least once in your life, maybe you are a great admirer of the trilogy of Indiana Jones, but are you really familiar with all the concerns that the filmmakers were filming in the last part about this energetic archaeologist. The third sequel of the world famous series premiere was shown at the end of May in 1989, and today we remember him as the second consecutive highest-grossing film of that year – $ 197 million just in the United States.
1. The first man who was talking about the adventures of Indiana Jones and The Monkey King was Christopher Columbus. His story about Indiana is the story of the garden immortal fruit, where anyone whose heart is pure die eating one peach from the tree in the garden.
2. Steven Spielberg decided to make The Last Crusade instead of the other two films, which were offered him at that time – Rain Man and Big.
3. George Lucas suggested that the entire plot of the movie shoot at the Hounted Castle, but Spielberg did not like that idea.
4. George Lucas had the idea that the film be based on the quest for the Holy Grail, but Spielberg is concerned that such a topic people can too foolish to understand, bearing in mind especially Monty Python.
5. If the Connery denied role of the father of Indiana Jones – Henry Jones, Spielberg’s plan B was Gregory Peck.
6. Stuntman Vic Armstrong, who worked doubles for Ford has also worked as a stunt double in three Bond movie, Live and Let Die, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service and Never Say Never Again.
7. Ford suggested that young Indiana play River Phoenix, with who he already had a collaboration on the film The Mosquito Coast.