Today is International Beer Day: The biggest secrets of the drink revealed!
Today is the International Day of beer, so in it’s honor we remind you about interesting facts about this worldwide favorite drink.
- The oldest beer advertisements was found on a clay table around 4,000 BCE. It shows a woman holding two golden cups, and below it says: “Drink Elba beer – beer with heart of lion!”
- In Hungary never never toast by glass typing. Instead, just raise your glass in the air and say “Egeszsegere”!
- Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty glass of beer.
- First of accidents related to drunk driving occurred in 2000th BC. In ancient Egypt, the carriage driver was drinking beer, and then run over by a vestal virgin, goddess of Hathor. The culprit was nailed to the door of the inn where he bought beer, and his body was left there until the vultures do not eat the bones.
- Zythology is the science of beer and brewing, including the ingredients that make up these drinks.
- When you drink beer in Spain, you must follow certain non-verbal rituals. First you say “Salud” (Cheers in Spanish), and then rub the bottom of the cup on the table or counter and gently tap.
- Employees who have worked at the Egyptian pyramids were paid with beer. Diem amounted about four liters of this precious drink.
- In the Middle Ages, beer was drank more than water, because the alcohol was safer for consumption.
- At any given time, 0.7 percent of the world’s population is drunk. This means that while you are reading this, 50 million people are tipsy.
- The strongest beer in the world has 67.5 percent of alcohol.
If you liked this, share and enjoy!